Sew ‘Em Up

The crappy framerate is due to the screen capturing program!

Been meaning to get out your sewing kit recently?
Well now you don’t have to! In the world’s first (?)
Sew ‘em up you’ll get to enjoy the uniquely comforting
experience of sewing.

Avoid buttons and complete patterns for score, higher accuracy
and lower thread consumption equals higher score.

Seam was made for a C++ class a few months ago. It was my first graphical C++ game. An easy to use map editor is included. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is required to play.

Download

6 Comments

1. Posted March 2, 2009 at 20:50 | Permalink

i’m trying so hard to come up with a sewing pun, but i’m drawing blanks. I’ll have to try the game and see if that inspires me.

2. Posted March 4, 2009 at 21:11 | Permalink

yet another interesting and different concept. Good job!

3. MÃ¥rten
    Posted March 12, 2009 at 21:08 | Permalink

Looking sew-per!

4. SL pinkleton
    Posted June 2, 2009 at 04:59 | Permalink

this game looks SOW A(WES)OME
    (SEW)

5. Posted October 8, 2009 at 04:52 | Permalink

I really liked the sewing game! Its very visually attractive and reminds me of other well done games like Crayon Physics Deluxe.

I can’t get the editor to work though – it just crashes before it loads. Is it because I don’t have the C++ pack installed? Would the game even run if I didn’t have it installed?

You seem to be quite good at graphics. But if you’re ever in need of a graphic design artist then let me know. I’m a Photoshop and Flash geek.

6. Posted October 8, 2009 at 15:07 | Permalink

Hi Ben,
    Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

It’s strange that you can’t open the map editor, as you
    said you won’t be able to play the game without the
    distributable, so you definitely have it.

Cool! I’m always on the lookout for talented people to
    collaborate with, so that’s good to know. Now I know
    one more geek :)

One Trackback

• [...] Sorry hoor, ik moet even een traantje wegpinken. Prachtige pianomuziek wekt melancholie bij me op, terwijl ik druk met mijn gele cirkel zoveel mogelijk muzieknootjes probeer te vangen. Behalve de rode dan, die zijn vals. Meer gele noten betekent sneller punten scoren, maar ook een grotere cirkel waardoor je makkelijker de rode noot raakt. Waarom heeft elk voordeel zijn nadeel, laat me toch gewoon droevig staren en luisteren naar die pianomuziek. Sew ‘Em Up → [...]